Top Twitter tips is fairly self explanatory it is the main method of getting your streams seen. Twitter is a great place to connect and build relationships with fellow streamers, but also with your viewers. But to many, social media seems like a time consuming dark art. In this article I tell you how I tame social media with my top twitter tips. Enjoy.
Grab Your Twitter Tools
I have whittled my Twitter toolset down to the following items, each I use for free.
- Hootsuite – I use this tool to schedule tweets from my mobile, I like to share news around gaming and mental health, so this app makes it a breeze. It also as a built in link shorter which is a great feature. You can also access it in browser which makes a nice way to create posts. You can also add a Facebook and Instagram account.
- Tweepi – This tools brings up suggestions on what to like, retweet and follow on Twitter all based on the keywords you enter. This as become my most used tool and is a great way to grow your twitter account and get noticed.
- Twitter Analytics – I use this to monitor how my tweets and twitter accounts are doing, updated daily it shows you the latest stats and top tweets.
- IFTT – Last but not least is IFTT, this allows you some degree of automation. But use this tool sparingly to avoid temporary suspends. I will talk about automation later on in this article.
Also it is worth bookmarking Pixabay and Giphy so you also have a constant supply of images and gifs. It is important to make your Tweets attractive to potential viewers. You can read more about creative resources here.
Rules I Use (or my top Twitter tips)
Remember that your tweets portray who you are. Keep that in mind when you are posting and responding to others. I have done years on twitter, using it to gain followers and in some cases friends. From running my own businesses to now content creation.
So these rules are condensed down from those years and also with close monitoring of the latest Twitter terms and conditions.
- Use hashtags sparingly, only use up to five and make sure they are relevant to your content.
- Use images to brighten up your tweet, again make them relevant.
- Keep it relevant and respectful.
- Do not tag users in your tweets. This can be seen as spam.
- Keep it professional. Even if you delete a Tweet it is likely to still be available.
- Do not DM someone when they follow you. This again is classed as spam and it’s downright rude. Always interact with someone first and then ask if you can DM them.
- Automate your Twitter account sparingly, I keep this to greeting and announcing new Twitch followers. Over automating will cause Twitter to suspend your account.
- Don’t attempt to inflate your following by following then unfollowing when you get a follow back.
- Do not engage in follow for follow. Rarely works and most users are in it for themselves and just doing the point above.
- Why not get to know someone, comment on they’re Tweets and if you like the Tweet why not like and share.
- Never expect anything in return, that way when someone liking, retweeting or following is always a bonus win.
This is not an extensive list and will be added to over time, if you have some tips/rules please post them in comments below I would be interested in seeing them.
What About Repeat Posts
Twitter has cracked down on people posting the same content over and over and now if you try to post the same tweet more than once it will not be posted.
This stops spam but is a pain in the butt for many of us. I have however devised this simple work around.
- Create your tweet ready for posting and post it.
- Next bookmark your tweet, you will notice at the bottom of your tweet you have several buttons one is a up arrow in a odd looking bucket, click it.
4. Select the ‘Add Tweet to Bookmarks option.
And that is it until you want to post that tweet again. You simply do this by going into your bookmarks.
This option is on the left hand side of your Twitter screen on PC or on mobile it is usually available when you click your avatar to go to your profile.
5. Next all you need to do is click the retweet button under the Tweet you want to post again.
Once a Tweet as been retweeted all you need to do to repeat and retweet endlessly is to again go into your bookmarks, click the retweet button to undo retweet and click it again to retweet.
This really keeps the same post at the top of your timeline and seen.
Conclusion of Twitter Tips
I hope you have found this article useful, over time you will most likely find your own Twitter tips. Social media is an essential part of any business and that includes content creation. Streamlining and using it responsibly can help you reap the benefits of follows and making new contacts and in some cases friends.
If yo have some top Twitter tips please let me know in the comments below. You can also give feedback on this article and I will respond.